I was born in Houston, graduated from Texas State, and got married in San Antonio. Texas is my home and I am so glad it is.
Top reasons I am proud to be a Texan:
- Texas Pride is real. There is no other state pride that can compare
- Texas landscape: from the hill country, desert, plains, and the gulf.. we have it all
- H-E-B, only in Texas could a man with the last name Butt name a grocery chain after himself and have it be so successful
- San Marcos River
- Amazing Universities- UT, Baylor, A&M, Texas Tech, Texas State, TCU, Rice, UofH… The list goes on.
- South Padre Island.
- Blue Bell Ice cream
- Fort Worth Stockyards
- Austin- Live Music Capital of the World
- San Antonio
- Shiner, the town + the beer
- The River Walk
- TEX MEX
- The State Fair + BIG TEX
- Barbecue- stubbs, salt lick, ____ take your pick they are all amazing
- SPORTS: Dallas Cowboys, Texans, Rangers and Astros- but the best of ’em all GO SPURS GO
- The Climate
- Texas Country Music
- It’s bigger, and it’s better.
Honestly, the list could go on forever… #TexasForever
Now that I’ve have established why I love being from the Lone Star State, lets recognize some fellow rootin’ tootin’ Texans.
George Strait, Willy Nelson, Beyonce, Matthew McConaughey, Eva Longoria, Miranda Lambert, Kacey Musgraves, Patrick Swayze, Jennifer Garner, Maren Morris, Jared Padalecki, Jamie Foxx, Demi Lavato, Chip and Joanna Gaines, Woodie Harrelson, Hillary Duff, Selena Gomez, Jessica Simpson, Nolan Ryan, Alexis Bledel, Chuck Norris, Kelly Clarkson, SANDY from Sponge Bob, and there are so many more.
Alright, Alright, Alright!